Monday, June 2, 2008

What's with this blog?

Hi! My name's Dave. I'm a librarian at the University of Michigan, and this is my new blog.

The focus of this blog will be on computer and video games in libraries, specifically academic libraries. Often even more specifically, my library.

That's because we're preparing to open a Computer and Video Game Archive at my library, the University of Michigan Art, Architecture & Engineering Library, on the second floor of the Duderstadt Center on North Campus. We don't have a lot of the details nailed down yet, although I'll be sharing what we've got over the next few days. We hope to do a soft open in August, with a Grand Opening later in the fall.

My intent with this blog is to use our experiences here as a springboard to also talk about the larger issue of academic interest in computer & video games.

Stay Tuned!

No comments: